It was like all my childhood dreams had come true when I found out I was being treated to a luxury tree-house weekend!
This accommodation has everything you could ever imagine: a waters-edge tree house with rope bridge, sunset deck, it’s own pier with private harbour with it’s own boat and completely secluded by beautiful woodlands.
The holiday started as soon as we pulled into the resort, we were met by dozens of ducks and the owner who armed us with slices of bread to feed them with. We were talked through the resort and it felt like we had stepped into another world. They told us about fairies, pirates, private bonfires and secret play areas. (I was so excited, I cant even begin to imagine how children feel when arriving at Cleveleymere!)
The fun continued when we were escorted to The Tree House and it soon became clear that Cleveleymere is catering for adults as well as the children. This spectacular accommodation has been featured on Grand Designs and My Flat Pack Home.
The lodge has been built to a very high specification including an amazing £40,000 Miele kitchen, solid oak flooring and furniture with hand made Hypnos mattresses (claimed to be the most comfortable beds in the world). Top of the range 3G Aurea surround light TV with Nintendo Wii games console, DVD collection , luxurious roll top free standing bath, amazing hand built large robe bridge and sunset deck with Weber BBQ, two superb en-suite bedrooms and floor to ceiling windows with spectacular views.
This spectacular accommodation has been marketed towards families but the small space seems ideal for a romantic getaway. The English weather only allowed us on the lake for half an hour and we did not manage to make full use of all that is included:
- Use of 20+ boats, 25+ mountain bikes, 3 x 4 man pedalos, 10 canoes & Canadian canoe
- 9 hole crazy golf course
- Riverside fire pit kit with marsh mellows, fire lighters & kindling.
- 16 foot trampoline
- Lawn games, croquet, cricket & French bowls
- Children’s play area, with fab zip line, wigwam & swings
- Wi-fi Zone, iPod stations & Wii Consoles with games, guitars
- Use of giant outdoor Jenga & Giant chess set
- 50 +runner & tuffty pet ducks, rare black swans & white peacocks
- Kids den with pool, football tables, full drum sets and piano
- Wine and Chocolates (I did manage to enjoy these!)
This is a venue after my own heart and manages to balance high end luxury with childhood innocence.
Prices start at £219 per night